Monday, December 08, 2008


This is how I described the blog until I changed settings today. This blurb is preserved for "historical" purposes.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
In 2006 Mike Salling considered becoming a candidate for the congressional seat vacated by Ed Case. Mike sought a platform for his belief that a Hawaii Constitutional Convention should be held in 2010 for the purpose of (1) enacting universal health care in Hawaii, and (2) establishing the right to a dignified death. The campaign was stillborn, primarily because Mike's services were deemed better directed to support Senator Akaka in his race.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A new interest that I have is "people who are interested in noetic science" (particularly some new friends in the U of H community.) Yes, I'm interested in n.s. too, but not nearly so much as I will be in the future, I'm sure.

I've also started using my Facebook Page for the first time since I created it back in 2005, as I recall. I'm now recently in touch with some old friends who over the years have left markings on the wall for me (in vain until now.) This has been a real blessing. I'm making a slow come-back from a long winter of discontent (to put it mildly) and contact with friends is much needed.

Preparing for an upcoming IONS meeting - which will be Winter Solstice (not Christmas) themed - I was fortunate to find some easy to understand information about "Sunrise and Sunset in Hawaii" that some may find as interesting as I do. It's in a Word.doc format which unfortunately I can't figure out how to upload here. So, email me at kokuaguy@yahoo.com and I'll send you a copy. A dear and much valued friend made it available to me for public consumption. He's a retired UH prof. whose field is Geology, but if I've ever met a true Renaissance Man, it's Will.

a hui hou,
Mike in Honolulu

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... going in the direction of 'real time blogging' about my daily life ...

Five days ... real time ... are you still alive?

8:01 PM  
Blogger kokuaguy said...

Been busy, my Anonymous friend. Lucky I get an email when there's a post/comment here. Did you find my blog on my Facebook page? Do you have a FB page? It's 8:39 pm in Honolulu and your post says 8:01 pm. If you'd put a comment of FB I'd have received an email too. I'm working on getting a job and working my way out of poverty. It's hard for an old fart like me in Honolulu, but I guess it's the same everywhere. The good part is: "Old Lawyers never die -- they just lose their appeal."
Check back here at the end of next week. Either I'll have news about my new job, or an interesting post about "Same-Sex marriage in Hawaii."

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home