Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fallacies of argument


My WRI 1200 students seem to have the same difficulty I have with the often discussed concept "logical fallacy". I think that's an oxymoron of sorts, and prefer "fallacies of argument", "fallacies of rhetoric", or "fallacies of logic."
There's a ****load of them to be found in the latest Krauthammer Op Ed piece in today's Advertiser; however, I'm so happy I don't have to look at Victor Davis Hansen's ****eating grin that I can take anything from the paraplegic pundit, the supreme spinmeister of the Republican propaganda factory, and keep smiling. Charles K. raises to a high literary art the kind of hack's work O'Reilly does nightly in his "no spin zone" on the Fox network.

See how many non-sequiturs, canards, and downright lies you can find:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/OPINION03/706120312/1110/OPINION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home